Monday, July 24, 2017

Know Your Yiddish?

In Yiddish a mentsh is a "good person". When the word migrated to our shores it became mensch. A mensch is a "particularly good person".

When I was inspired to start this blog, my sole/soul hope was to help get the word out on Donald Trump. Trump's election victory really leveled me.

I have never been this afraid for the United States. Nothing, not the assassinations, not the domestic terrorism, not 9/11 - nothing left me feeling like this.

I think the inspiration/Spirit to expose/oppose Trump took into account my age. When I was in my 20s I could boogie with the best of them. I was a reluctant patients' rights advocate. I tore up the pea patch.

At 71, if I miss a night's sleep, I'm dragging my ass for days. This blog provides a very personal form of rejuvenation for me. I hope it does the same for others.
In my now limited travels, I commiserate with friends about Trump. Knowing there are others who feel the same about him is helpful - much like a victim support group is helpful.

I opened a Twitter account some time ago, but I never used it for anything. My daughter suggested it, but we share things on Facebook.

A few months back I was talking to a friend who is a judge in D.C. We were commiserating over Trump and she told me she thought he wouldn't last the year. That was a fantastic bit of sharing. She has contacts that I don't.
Anyway, she asked me if I was on Twitter and I said I had an account I wasn't using and that I had no idea how to use it even if I wanted to. She said to log on when I got home and to immediately follow Louise Mensch and I did just that.

Maurice Chevalier sang a song that I know very well. The lyrics begin, "Every little breeze seems to whisper Louise. Birds in the trees seem to twitter Louise." Talk about synchronicity. There it was, another nudge from the Spirit.

I follow Louise as best I can. She has information beyond me and when she gets technical I can have a problem. I also don't know all the intelligence community terms she uses.

First and foremost, I believe Louise is honest. She causes me to feel hopeful. She is a warrior and I value that. She holds her ground. She just stands out there in the middle of the street and does her thing. She takes on all comers.

So thank you Louise. You help me get through the day - everyday. I have gone from hopeful to optimistic over the last few months. You seem like you have a good crew too. Thanks to all.

If you are suffering from the Trump blues, I encourage you to log onto Twitter and follow Louise Mensch. It might take you a little time to get up to speed - she travels at warp speed.

My other advice to anyone unfamiliar with Twitter is to know what you want before you go there. I have no problem staying aware of the fact that our country is under attack and the most important thing right now is to defeat our adversary - Russia.

I guess it's worth mentioning that I did not see Russia as an adversary after the dissolution of the Soviet Union. I was sorely mistaken. Mitt got that right.

I am not partisan on Twitter. I would guess that Louise and I would have different positions on some political issues. Who cares? The nation is at risk.

I would also like to thank John McCain for his service. I never cease to be amazed by John. He stood against torture. He turned over the Steele dossier to the FBI. He pressed for a full investigation of Russia. He has been a relentless patriot from day 1.
Please say a prayer for John and his family.

Holy Moly!

No comments:

Post a Comment