Friday, January 5, 2018

That Lindsey Graham - He One Crazy Hombre - Ya Think?

Something is clearly happening in Washington. Lindsey Graham was not a fan of Donald Trump's. In 2/16 Graham said, "I think he’s a kook.”, “I think he’s crazy." and "I think he’s unfit for office.” Pretty bad huh?
During the primaries Lindsey said, "If you killed Ted Cruz on the floor of the Senate, and the trial was in the Senate, nobody could convict you."
As to whether he preferred Trump to Cruz, Lindsey said,"It’s like being shot or poisoned, what does it really matter? He also said, "My party has gone batshit crazy."
So who did Graham vote for on November 8, 2016? Uh, let's see. He said, "I voted for Evan McMullin." Y'all know Evan right?
Lindsey explained, “Voting for Hillary Clinton was always a non-starter and I couldn’t go where Donald Trump wanted to take the USA & GOP.
Get the picture? Lindsey was very clear when it came to Donald Trump. Uh, that was until November 30, 2017 when Graham was being interviewed on CNN and said, "I'm tired of the media portraying Trump as a kook."
Graham elaborated, "What concerns me about the American press is this endless, endless attempt to label the guy as some kind of kook not fit to be president. It’s pretty frustrating for most Republicans, quite frankly, that it’s 24/7 attack on everything the president does or thinks. It gets a little old after a while."
Confused? Yeah me too. I mean, Graham was tearing up the scenery criticizing Donald Trump all along. Graham was Trump's worst critic in the Senate - or in the country for that matter. Suddenly he just ran in the other direction - he ran - heran - Grahamran.
Wait, what's that happening in Iran? People are marching. They are protesting? Is Iran where Graham ran to? Did Graham do an about face over Iran?
A lot of deals went down among the Republican in the Senate at the end of 2017. Lotsa deals. Deals out the wazoo. One of them was on the Tax bill. Remember that? The Republicans voted to give the wealthiest 1% of our citizens the rest of all the money they didn't already have.
Yep, talk about the art of the deal. Deals were made. The Senate voted for the Tax bill. Okay, we know about the Senate hardliners wanting corporate tax breaks. Were there any other hardliners in the Senate who wanted something else? Any clues?

"The Iranian people are not our enemy. The Ayatollah is the enemy of the world. Here's what I would do if I was President Trump. I would explain what I-- what a better deal would look like. It's not enough to watch. President Trump is tweeting-- very sympathetically to the Iranian people. But you just can't tweet here. You have to lay out a plan.

And if I were President Trump I'd lay out a plan as to how I would engage the regime. I would tell the Europeans and the Congress and the world that America's going to withdraw from this agreement unless it's a better deal, and I'd lay out what a better deal would look like. And I would stand with the Iranian people the entire time." Lindsey Graham

On December 31, 2016 Lindsey was on Face The Nation and said exactly what he wanted to happen in terms of Iran. So in November he does a 180 on Trump. He flatters Trump. In December he votes for the Senate Tax bill and then, on the last day of December, he goes on to say what he wants U.S. policy on Iran to be.
Yep, the hawks in the Senate voted for the Tax plan. McConnell had to do a lot of dealing to get that bill passed. He had to be rather artful. He couldn't afford to lose more than a couple of votes. We all saw what just one vote did to the Republican Healthcare plan.
By the way, who is behind the recent demonstrations in Iran? There doesn't seem to be a national leader. How very odd. There's always a leader. That's as basic as ABC. This is ass backwards. This is CBA. Ah, oh!
The only person who was and continues to be clueless about what is happening in Congress is Duffer Don. He is just there to sign his name and say what they tell him to on occasion.
The rest of the time this idiot can do what he wants. He can get himself impeached for all anyone cares.
I want to be clear about this. I am not commenting here on U.S. policy. I am not taking a position on what we do in Iran. I am only saying that Lindsey Graham didn't just go batshit crazy.
Holy Moly!

2 comments: