Wednesday, November 29, 2017

We're On Our Way

It's been over a year since the election. As I type this I am listening to Trump deliver a speech in Missouri. He's promoting his tax cut legislation. The bill has made it out of committee and is moving closer to a vote in the Senate.
I listen to Trump and I wonder how many people are buying it. If they are, and if it passes, this may be one of the last things they'll be able to buy for quite some time.

There is nothing compelling about what Trump is saying. He is so obviously lying. He is a terrible liar. He is so bad you have to wonder how anybody falls for it.

I have a visceral reaction to Trump. I get nauseous. My head aches. I get angry. 
If this legislation passes, it will hurt lots of people. It will also create a backdoor to cutting people's healthcare benefits in the future. It will also add over 1.5 trillion dollars to our deficit.
It makes you wonder. Who exactly stands to gain from this legislation?
As for the rest of us, well, Donald is taking us on a trip. He's packing us into a tidy little basket and taking us straight to Hell.
Holy Moly!

No comments:

Post a Comment