Friday, February 14, 2020

Sweet Nothin's

My baby whispers in my ear … 


What's an acceptable gift for Valentine's Day?

Nah, what about something a little less sugary?

Let's just get real.
Here's the skinny. We haven't a clue what's really going on. That's right, we clueless baby.

In his closing argument at Trump's Impeachment trial in the Senate, Adam Shiff said, "If right doesn't matter …, it doesn't matter how good the Constitution is … If right doesn't matter, we're lost. If the truth doesn't matter, we're lost. The framers couldn't protect us from ourselves if right and truth don't matter."

He went on, "And you know, you can't trust this president to do what's right for this country ... This is why, if you find him guilty, you must find that he should be removed, ... because right matters and truth matters. Otherwise, we are lost."

Yeah baby, we lost. Sad thing is nobody really knows what the truth is. It's depressing. Check out Rashomon.

We rely on politicians, clergy, educators, reporters, etc. The worse things get, the more we want to believe in something other than chaos and corruption. Our need to believe turns into blind faith.

We be insane. Blind faith got us to where we are today. Seems like we can't afford no mo blind faith. We need to start dealing in facts and holding people accountable.

I'm no longer sure that what I'm experiencing is real. I could be having a long hallucination while in a comatose state.

I may have died and moved onto The Good Place.

I may be a 74 year old man, who was born in Brooklyn, is married to Kathy, has 3 grandchildren and is currently living in Delaware.

I'm gonna' assume I'm the old guy in Delaware. Proceeding from that assumption, here's what I believe:

1. The Republican Party is an international crime organization.
2. Donald Trump is a Russia Asset.
3. The United States has been taken over by a coup.
4. Donald Trump has been installed as a dictator by the Republican Party and is currently being kept in that position by Republican Senators and the Attorney General.
5. The House is the last of our government organizations that remains free and operates independent of the coup.
6. The House is free because we turned out in large numbers and voted for Democrats in 2018.
7. If we turn out in large numbers and vote for Democrats in 2020 we may be able to stop the coup, take back our country and start rebuilding our government.

There are plenty of headlines to distract us each and every day. There are plenty of things that we could argue over. We could allow ourselves to become divided in our opposition to the coup. We could let our own preferences and partisan concerns blind us. Or, we could do the one thing that could bring an end to this coup.

I'm gonna' go with number 7 on my list. I got nothin' better. I hope you will join me in this.

Stay together.
Holy Moly!

No comments:

Post a Comment