Sunday, March 22, 2020

Tim Alberta Got Nothin' On Rick Wilson

Tim Alberta wrote about the Republican Party vis-à-vis Donald Trump. In "American Carnage" Tim interviews lots of prominent Republicans a la an investigative reporter.

Rick Wilson wrote "Every Thing Trump Touches Dies". He took a different approach.

Rick approaches the topic differently - more a la Gallagher.

Tim prefers using a dental pick, magnifying glasses, and oral lamp in his inquiries.

He goes straight to the horse's mouth to get his material and make his case.

Rick takes a risible "release the Kraken" approach.

Rick really doesn't like Donald Trump - ergo the title he used for his book. Rick also has a really big bone to pick with the Republican Party.

Rick is angry with Republicans for betraying Conservatism.

Rick is a Conservative ideologue. I don't believe he would agree with me on that. I think he would say he's a real Conservative.

It doesn't matter. Rick takes apart Trump and those who surround Trump. He is the ultimate sports caster giving moment to moment reports on Trump's demolition derby - the farce that's been masquerading as our Executive Branch.

Ironically, I watched "Hitler's Circle Of Evil" on Netflix while I was finishing Rick's book. This docudrama has a lot in common with ETTD.
I recommend both Alberta's and Wilson's books. I also recommend the above mentioned docudrama. There's a lot of insightful information in all three. Equally important for me, all three raise the issues of morality and ethics.


Rick goes after Trump with gusto. He has a large vocabulary and is skilled in artful/entertaining critiques. I don't often get to laugh when I read about Trump. Thank you Rick.

Holy Moly!

No comments:

Post a Comment