Monday, January 3, 2022

Sarah Speaks The Old Language

I just finished the 20 page introduction to "Hiding In Plain Sight" by Sarah Kendzior.

Sarah speaks my only language, English, but she does so better than I ever have or will.

Here's the thing. There are two parts to speaking any language - the obvious spoken or written part and the experiential part that pushes those words out of the speaker - necessitates that they be articulated.

The ability to empathize is dependent upon the speaker having gone through a similar experience/trauma.

An intelligent person can only go so far in communicating anything. An intelligent person who has survived a trauma can go farther.

Sarah goes the distance.

My only personal experience with Sarah Kendzior has been in the last few weeks since I began reading "The View From Flyover Country". Prior to that, I heard her name mentioned on Twitter.

I don't know what sensitized Sarah. I just know an empath when I experience one. Sarah is an empath.

There is only one thing that I take issue with Sarah on - "hope". I'm ever hopeful. I'm not hopeful waiting for a miracle. I'm hopeful that I will not be crushed to the point I no longer believe resistance is worthwhile.

I've spent years reading books about the events I believe she will cover. I've written hundreds of essays and letters. I haven't yet seen them through her eyes. I'm so looking forward to it.

Holy Moly!

No comments:

Post a Comment