Saturday, December 30, 2017

Trump Casts A Long Shadow As He Takes The Country Into 2018

I cannot point to one thing Donald Trump has done this year that was positive. He has been consistent. He consistently lies. He consistently plays golf. However, Trump has done what many thought impossible. He will still be in office leading us into the New Year.

These recent pictures do not instill confidence. His face is off. His features appear to be rearranging themselves. He reminds me of a stroke victim.
 
The man looks fatigued. More and more, he looks disheveled.
The caps he wears seem out of place on a President. He wears them inappropriately.
I'm sure no one will be wearing a cap at Prince Harry's wedding reception next year.
Pictures don't tell the whole story. We have to examine what the man says as well. Here is what he said during an interview with The New York Times on 12/18/17:

"I think it's all worked out because frankly there is absolutely no collusion, that's been proven by every Democrat is saying it. Virtually every Democrat has said there is no collusion. There is no collusion. And even these committees that have been set up. So, I think it's been proven that there is no collusion. And by the way, I didn't deal with Russia. . . . I can only tell you that there is absolutely no collusion. Everybody knows it. And you know who knows it better than anybody? The Democrats. They walk around blinking at each other.... There's been no collusion.... Everybody knows the answer already. There was no collusion. None whatsoever.... Let's just say - I think that Bob Mueller will be fair, and everybody knows that there was no collusion. I saw Dianne Feinstein the other day on television saying there is no collusion. She's the head of the committee. The Republicans, in terms of the House committees, they come out, they're so angry because there is no collusion. So, I actually think that it's turning out - I actually think it's turning to the Democrats because there was collusion on behalf of the Democrats. There was collusion with the Russians and the Democrats. A lot of collusion .... There was tremendous collusion on behalf of the Russians and the Democrats. There was no collusion with respect to my campaign..... But there is tremendous collusion with the Russians and with the Democratic Party.... I watched Alan Dershowitz the other day, he said, No. l, there is no collusion, No. 2, collusion is not a crime, but even if it was a crime, there was no collusion. And he said that very strongly. He said there was no collusion. And he has studied this thing very closely. I've seen him a number of times. There is b, and even if there was, it's not a crime. But there's no collusion."

Personally, I find that more disturbing than the pictures. It strikes me as gibberish, but then I'm just a retired clinician who was licensed in New York, Virginia, Colorado, Maryland and Delaware. My career spanned several decades.

What I can say is that this is right up there with some of the more extreme things I've heard from some of the patients I worked with in psychiatric facilities.

Yes, Trump's shadow is long and dark. It's unclear what he has in mind for us. Whatever he is holding onto seems ominous.
What might that shadow conceal? Is there something evil lurking there?
Will someone cast a light on it? If so, what will emerge?
There is one other thing that may shed some light on what Trump has in mind for us next year. It's frightening to say the least. Trump said in that same New York Times interview:


"I have absolute right to do what I want with the Justice Department."

Contrast that to what President Obama said to Justice Department Attorneys when he met with them when he was the President.
Holy Moly!



1 comment: